Wednesday 11 May 2011

Trying vs. Doing

One of my most favorite quotes is "Do or do not, there is no try" from that wise old small dude of Star Wars fame - the Almighty Yoda (yes, I a bit of a Star Wars fan, lol!)

Every time I see that quote I can't help remembering the foot tall plastic Yoda puppet that circulated to various perches around my family's home growing up. He was just kinda always THERE. Still is as a matter of fact.

Yet it wasn't until very recently that I began to truly embrace this statement.Trying has held me back from a lot of things in life? It has been my excuse, my comfort zone and held me in a space of procrastination for a very long time. 

Do you find yourself saying "I'll try"? In what areas of your life are you resistant to fully committing to DOING?

Does your desire for "perfection" (whatever that is!) in certain areas hold you back from just doing the best you can at that given moment?

I'm going to wager that I'm not the only one.

I invite you to come join me on the journey of "doing" rather than trying.

What do you think might happen?

My guess is magic!

C

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to think about ... isn't it ? What is perfection? and why the heck does it matter sooo much to us anyway?? Hmmmm.... that yoda... always wanting me to think... loved this post... happy that i found your space lovely mama...
    light and peace to you ....

    ReplyDelete