Monday 11 April 2011

The Million Dollar Question

Passion, I asked myself... hmmmm, so what is that anyway?


A quick Google search or... imagine this - an actual flip through the pages of a REAL paper dictionary, GASP! will get you a variety of definitions for this tasty word.

Definitions according to Dictionary.com are as follows:

pas·sion

[pash-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.
any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
2.
strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
3.
strong sexual desire; lust.
4.
an instance or experience of strong love or sexual desire.
5.
a person toward whom one feels strong love or sexual desire.
6.
a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music.
7.
the object of such a fondness or desire: Accuracy became a passion with him.
8.
an outburst of strong emotion or feeling: He suddenly broke into a passion of bitter words.
9.
violent anger.
10.
the state of being acted upon or affected by something external, especially something alien to one's nature or one's customary behavior ( contrasted with action).
11.
( often initial capital letter ) Theology .
a.
the sufferings of Christ on the cross or His sufferings subsequent to the Last Supper.
b.
the narrative of Christ's sufferings as recorded in the Gospels.
12.
Archaic . the sufferings of a martyr.
Now I'm sure if I sat down and analyzed it I could figure out how each of these definitions apply to me and I bet you could too.
You all know the feeling, and if you don't please let's talk cause my goodness are you missing out! I have yet to meet a person who isn't passionate about SOMETHING. I wonder what that something is for you? For me it often exhibits as me actually getting flushed. We're talking, turn a bright shade of red when I get going on something I'm really passionate about! You can just imagine what kinds of situations that has put me in :-)

Which leads me to my list. It's often changing and always growing. See that's the cool thing about life in my opinion. It's never stagnant. It's ever changing and so your list of passions can change and grow as you do the same. It is a reflection of who we are at any given moment.

So at the moment, here is a list of my current passions, in no particular order, just as they come to me, which as I said, continues to grow daily. 

THE GREAT BIG LIST OF PASSIONS

- Life
- Learning 
- Immersion
- Personal growth and development (this could and probably will have a whole page of its own)
- Discovering and living as the most authentic version of myself and empowering others to do the same
- Family - I have a pretty fantastic one that I am very proud to be part of
- Conscious Parenting 
- Parent Empowerment & Education
- Children
- Authentic Relationships
- Community
- Travel
- Connecting and sharing in positive ways with other human beings
- Cultivating authentic relationships
- Gratitude
- Diversity
- Communicating through spoken and written word
- Language 
- Dance/Movement
- Expressive Meditation
- Finding the silver lining, exploring all angles, finding the lesson in any situation
- Finding the calm inside the storm
- Creative expression of all kinds
- Play dough - yes play dough :-)
- Oh, and let me not forget... QUOTES! You'll be seeing a lot of them.


At the end of the day I guess you could say that what I am most passionate about is BEing. BEing true to yourself and true to those around you. To be sure this is a journey. One well worth taking. On that note, I leave you with a somewhat cliche, yet nevertheless very meaningful quote from one of our world's most influential leaders: 

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Gandhi


So who are you? What are you passionate about? Who do you want to be? Please post a comment and share where you're at in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment